Friday, May 9, 2008

RICH GOT THE JOB!!!

Holy crap...seriously...I'm at a loss for words. But not for sounds.

Ahhhhhh
Whhwhhahahahahahah
eeeeekkkkkkkkk
Wooooohooooo!

You get the idea. A move 345 days in the making. That's right. It'll be a year on May 29. WOW, can you believe it?! Geez, one year, two jobs, countless hours in airports, and close to a bajillion dollars in flights. I suppose it's fitting that I'm writing this post in the Newark airport - of course waiting for a delayed flight. Just another glamorous Friday night in the life of LisaC. Anyway, at least we're in the home stretch. Details - wish I had them. All I know is that Visa madness has started (uugghhhh) so more next week.

Now the real work starts. Gotta...
- rent out our house in Toronto (don't worry, I'll be pimpin' out my pad on the blog soon, spread the word)
- sell our car (a lovely 2001 Honda Civic...will enough throw in the bobble head dog in the back window)
- throw out, pack up and clear up all our stuff (hey, it's a house...therefore a magnet for crap, I'm sure half of it is garbage, but the purging exercise must be done
- organize Happy (can you apply for a doggie passport? I kid. I kid!)
- find a new apartment in NY (gotta go east baby if Rich is commuting to Grand Central)

I'm sure there's more, but will start with that list for now. Man oh man.

I hope your weekend is as awesome as mine (hopefully) will be. Just gotta get outta this airport. I think there'll be a cermonial burning of my carry-on bag when Rich moves. Boy that'll be great!

Happy Weekend,
LisaC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome news Lisa! I'm so happy for you! Good luck with all the packing/moving/renting/doggie passport!