Monday, January 14, 2008

Breathe in...don't forget the out!

Here we are. The dawn of a new week. The precipice of a new beginning. At least, that’s what it felt like when I woke up this morning. Seriously!? Just seemed like the fog of last week had lifted and it’s now time for optimism and hope, because the alternative is just too grim to give into. I choose “positivitude”

Thank you all for your kind words and good vibes. It means the world to have my friends (and the strangers who read this and spy on my daily meanderings…good to have you on board) spreadin’ the love. It’s what the world needs now, love…sweet love. But I digress…

Weekend – Rich was in town. Did our usual regime of walk till your feet scream. MAN, the urban workout…if I was clever I would have wrote a book about it, published it in time for January and be a ba’gilionaire right now. Hmm, maybe next year!

Saw my friend Jeannie’s play – Church. It was just like that…uugghhh. Now, don’t get me wrong. I ain’t getting’ down on Mr. J…I’m just not a huge fan of sitting in a service. I went to Catholic school, was even an alter’girl (if you can believe it) so I’ve done my time and a play that’s like sitting through a sermon…not my cup of tea. BUT was cool seeing Jeannie.

Then hung out with my OTHER Canuck friend, Joanne. It was her birthday so she was down for some NYC GT’s (that’s good times, o.k. and we had a few bevies too!) Awesome fun!!!

That’s the best part about living here, you don’t really need to visit people, because they all…eventually…end up coming to visit you (well, the city, but you’re also a convenient addition to it. Hey, I’ll take what I can get!)

This week, well…it’s a short one pour moi – heading to the T-snot so I can drive BACK into America (does that make any sense?) so we can apply for Rich’s visa. WooHoo! Project Rico Relocate is officially kicked off! WoooHooo!! So yeah, MORE good vibes needed for Friday. Or maybe I’ll just fill my pockets with donuts? No upstanding border official can deny the sinful, seduction of a Tim Horton’s Sour Cream Glaze. Ummm, heaven!

More soon, and more regular this week. Gotta get back into the swing of things. After all, it IS a new day!

Weeeee
LisaC

1 comment:

dondy said...

Hey Lis!

I really dig your new word, "positivitude" Even I Mr. Brightside need a push here and there :)

Anywho I hope our good vibes reached you and I'm glad to hear the "Rich" decent-ion is on its way. It would be nice to know that hubby is there so you won't miss us so much :)

That's all for now, have a good week and hopefully we see you when you are in T.O.