Monday, July 21, 2008

I think I caught it

The surfing bug. Or is it Surfing Virus? Not too sure, but holy crap...I got it bad. Now I'm trying to find surf spots, figure out if I can take a board on the LIRR (which apparently, I CAN!) And naturally, scowering Craigslist to see if I can find a good used board for me to start with.

For those who are unfamiliar, you can surf in the NYC area in Long Beach (about an hour on the train). We took some lessons with the fine folks at Surf2live.com. Nice dudes, professional, helpful and fun! Alas, we didn't have the best conditions last Saturday (was pretty rough, you know it's bad when the instructor is telling you he wouldn't be out in these condidions...so...yeah, it was ugly). But hey, if you can have fun getting thrashed in whitewater for 90 minutes, then sounds like you can have a good time just about anywhere!

Gonna try and get out again on Saturday (there's a different school I'm gonna contact, see how they do?) After all, we don't know the area (I don't want to break the noobes code - going out in a sketch locale and getting into trouble - NOT COOL!) Plus, I got no beef with taking lessons, hell...I can classes all the time. Mandarin, NeedlePoint, Cooking...don't matter to me!

Will keep you posted on my surfing attempts. Here's hoping we can actually pull this off? I don't know, there's just something about leaving the city, playing in the water and doing something that COMPLETELY clears you mind of all your worries. Now THAT'S some powerful stuff man! heheheh

Oh God, has the transformation happened already? Quick, someone throw me a PowerPoint presentation. Hurry, force me to write an ad or something. Ahhh, much better!

Happy Monday All.
LisaC

No comments: