Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why...hello there!

Goodness…so much has happened it’s almost like, Where to begin? I suppose…at the beginning (sorry, bad joke).

Rich – so he moved here last Friday (wow…that sounds very bizarre). And started new job on Tuesday. So far so good! No stress at the border (apparently Scientists are more respectable then Copywriters?) and the new gig has been fab-o!

Living – well…we’re gonna try to make do in the little pad for now. Yes, it’s not exactly HUGE but what NY apartment is anyway? Plus, there’s one more AWESOME reason to stay…THE HOOKERS GOT EVICTED! I know…how wicked is that?!?!?! I suppose now the million dollar question is, “who’s going to move in next?” yikes…I can only imagine!

Happy – ok, he’s STILL not here yet. In fact, I think my dog is having a more relaxing summer then I am. Right now he’s chillin’ with my parents in the O-town, going to the cottage on the weekends, sleeping his regular 22 hours a day. Yes, I now have complete confirmation that it in fact IS a Dog’s Life! We’ll be headin’ up to my cousin’s cottage in Lac Lesage (to all you geography wiz’s that’s in Quebec!) so when we come back, we’ll take the Hapster with us. Hopefully he likes planes…I guess we’ll find out (don’t worry, he’ll be sittin’ pretty in the cabin with us, not under the plane – which I think is just plain cruel!)

Work – still kickin’ it!

New York – ok, that’s still here too. In fact I’m impressed that the summer hasn’t been too mental. I feel like I have a running battle between me and my air conditioner – to try and see how long I can hold out before turning it on. I must say, I’m impressed…as a cold loving Canadian, I’ve done surprisingly well!

So there is it…now back to our regularly scheduled programming. I’ll be more chilled out and can actually WRITE about my mundane adventures, and you can in turn ask questions about why my adventures are so dull…you know, like normal blogs! Hehehee

Happy July 4th America’Land. I already did it up earlier this week for Canuck Day. A local bar had a bit of a party…and I swear every Canadian on the island showed up (maybe even a few from Jersey!) Holy Crap! Was quite a scene. Free poutine in line (or at least an Americans best attempt…which I totally appreciated) and Canadian beer (no, not any really GOOD beer, just cruddy Molson. But hey…who am I to be picky!)

So yes, now it’s USA’s turn. To help kick off the celebration I made a mix CD for the folks here at work. Yes, it’s all Canadian songs, but hey…we do live together in NORTH AMERICA? Perhaps we can bite off a little of their party?

Heheheh

Have a great long weekend…talk to ya’ll again on Monday!
Thanks for the patience,
Xo
LisaC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

weee! updates!