Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Oh the weather outside is bitchin'

What’s shakin’ bacon? It’s a beauty day here in the 212. Sun is shining, weather is brisk and I’m going to a party tonight. Booooya! My friend Sarah is having a wee birthday do in Koreatown (she’s Korean). Which means I get to eat some kick-ass food…and have some authentic peeps educate me on what it is. Yes! Bring on the soju.

Only 2 more days till home time. WooHoo! I know blog posts are somewhat daily (ok, every two days) but this is your warning that they’ll be even CRAPPIER during the holidays. And for me…those holidays start this FRIDAY!!!

WooHoo!!

What else…umm, NY is mental with Christmas fever. People are crazier than ever with a glazed state of consumerism in their eyes (or I should say, more than usual). I’m so scared of Fifth Avenue. It’s a mad house down there. I went at lunch the other day and nearly lost an arm. Yikes! My personal favourite is watching people WAIT IN LINE to enter stores. Ser iously? Did we just get into a time machine into Russia 1945? WTF?!?!?

Happy (early) holidays everyone. More tomorrow and HOPEFULLY a wee little posty on Thursday (that night is the Big O holiday party. WooHoo!! Can’t wait…never been to a NY office party. Man, I can only imagine!)

- Went to the MET and bought memberships (we thought we were so clever buying the out of town membership, saved some dough AND get to go a bunch). Yes, jokes on us…admission ISN’T $20…that’s just the suggested DONATION. Boob is me! (or rather, I prefer to be a patron of the arts…yeah, that’s it!)
- Walked around (again). That seems to be our M.O. most weekends (oh yeah, Rico was in town). I swear if you calculated the miles we’ve logged since I moved here we’ve walked around this island five times…at least!
- Saturday – I’m sure I did something fun…just can’t remember what it was (see, it was THAT good)
- Sunday, see above.
- Monday – whatever…it’s Monday and I’m lowered to watching the most tragic reality show ever…it’s so bad I’m too embarassed to even mention the name of it. Post your guesses in the comment section. Hey, TV is my friend…I can’t stay mad at him!

Bring on da holidaze!
LisaC

No comments: