Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Da Weekend Dat Waz

Hey All,
Holy cow...AWESOME! Mom was in town and we had nothing but good olde fashioned F.U.N. Thanks so much Mom for everything. Scored some new duds (I think I'll take inspiration for my spring work wardrobe from a fellow writer I work with - collared shirt, pants, shoes. How's that for simplicity?) Got some fun stuff for my pad (some puffy letters a "L & R" in fabric - the ones from Anthropology that are TOTALLY fun. Perhaps it's wishful thinking...L & R...together, under one roof...but more on that later!) And even a couple bucks to go and get my hair did (perhaps a sign that my hair REALLY needs a cut and colour, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth!)

So...what'd be we. Well...we shopped, and shopped and then ate some food...no wait, then shopped some more. THEN saw the hockey game...and then capped off the perfect weekend with...more shopping! Hey, someone has to keep the New York economy humming and apparently that someone is Mummsy!

OMG, but the highlight of the weekend had to be when we went to a local bar (Third & Long) to watch the Habs game. Mom's isn't really the "bar" type. Not really too sure what Mother's are so seeing her in this alcohol infused atmosphere was a little bizarre. But I think my fav part was when she asked the bartender if they had "Cinzano?" Teehehehehe Awesome!

Had a ton of fun. Thanks again Mom! Can't wait for your next visit!!!

In other news - this Friday is bigger than normal...Rich has 7 interviews at Kraft here in NY! WoooHoo!!! OMG just the PROSPECT that we could be nearing the end of this little long distance adventure is enough to send shivers down my spine and make my knees weak. Man, there aren't enough words to describe my excitement. Now all he's gotta do is GET the job. Fingers crossed people - I'll need all the good vibes you've got this Friday. No holding back!!

Go Habs GO! It's 2-1 in the series for Philly, so we've got to pick up our socks...it's just plain EMBARASSING!

Talk soon...
LisaC

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your mom! How did Rich's interviews go?!