Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My New Obsession



Why do I find this SOOOOOOOO incredibly funny? Hmm, my new treat of the week I suppose. Sorry if you're unfamiliar with the above. Wikipedia has a very good entry on what it is to be "Rick Rolled" And Internet Nerdlings, I already know...I'm like, a million years too late talking about this (10 months if you want to be more exact) but I can't help myself...lately, it's become my new obsession. Now, to see how I can sneak it into a presentation. That would be the stuff of legend. GOLD Jerry!

What else, well...I'm still at work (11:40PM and counting) so forgive the typos and random conversation. The reasons for me being here are far too lengthy, nuff' said.

Last night "watched" (really ATE) my way through the NCAA playoffs (or what seemed to be a pretty big game?) Memphis vs. Kansas (or Elvis vs. Dorothy, which ever you prefer). I think Kansas won, but I was in a wee bit of a beer/meat coma to know. Went to Brother Jimmy's on the Upper East Side (pretty good ribs, and these insane fishbowls of booze and sugar juice - they're called Swamp Water so that should give you an ample visual picture). Was hangin' with my friends Sarah, Cory & Co. Good times.

Tomorrow night is the first NHL playoff game. Go Sens GO!!! There's a bar where a bunch of random Canadians are going to watch it (they're ACTUALLY going to play the CBC...kickass!) But not too sure I'll be up to it - I gotta get some sleep at some point! Plus, I'm not too sure I can take the mental anguish of watchin' my boyz get their asses handed to them by Pittsburg. Hmmm,

It's Spring in NY. Which means I gotta take some pics for ya'll. So pretty. Man, even Queens looked good last Friday!

Happy Wednesday. More random babblings tomorrow - or just incohesive sentences.

xo
LisaC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm a huge Canadiens Fan and stranded in NYC too. What is the name of the bar you are talking about where they show the games on CBC??

Lisa C said...

Sorry to be so late in getting back to you ANNONYMOUS (dude, at least make up a name!)

Here are the deets (join the Facebook Canadians in NYC group and you'll always get updates on stuff). Good luck.

Wednesday is the big opening night, with Sens/Pens and Rangers/Devils at 7pm, and Flames/Sharks at 10pm.

This year I found a bar that has promised to have all the games on its big screens, with the SOUND ON for full CBC play-by-play / Don Cherry action.

Oh, and $3 Molson Canadian drafts all night.

Third and Long
523 3rd Ave., at East 35th St.
This Wednesday, April 9th starting @ 7pm
(The Habs begin on Thursday @ 7pm)

Wear your team colors. Bring your flags. See you there. Let's watch some hockey eh.

Playoff schedule:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/scoreboard?d=2008-04-09

Bar:
http://www.diaryofthirdandlong.blogspot.com/

Sound will be on all hockey games Mon-Thurs nights. For weekend games, sound isn't being guaranteed but the games will all be on.

Anonymous said...

simplifying singhec conceptsa spendingthis adapter mtentrydate deregulation phys locate subdebate jing
lolikneri havaqatsu