Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Doggies Invade

OMG...funniest thing I think I've done here in NY...go to the 132nd Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. So wicked!!! Best part is, you get to hang with all the doggies in the back and meet their owners, you can even pet a few of them...if you’re good! Weeee got my K-9 quota for a while (it's tough when I don't get to see my own "show dog" nearly as often as I wish).

I'll post a bunch of pics for ya. Including another Miniature American Eskimo named "Magic." He's Canadian too (from Calgary!) It's like it was destiny. Or wait...I think that was the Dalmatian one row over. Either way. Super coolWarning - the cuteness that is Magic may cause seizures and uncommon squeals of glee.

This was the Eskie that made it to the Best of Breeds...didn't win though, but I think that's cause the Poodles fixed it (oh yeah, another interesting fact...some dog people SERIOUSLY have their hate on for the poodles...the ones around me booed them. SERIOULSY? Why can't we all just bark along?)
Groomage...

Then when I was done watching all the puppies get pampered and groomed the big show started. AWESOME! I think the only thing better than watching a dog show...is watching the PEOPLE who watch a dog show. They're an interesting breed - part Dungeons and Dragons role-players, part Civil-War Re-enactors, part high school nerd. Interesting to say the least!
So yeah, good times for sure. The big winner will be announced tonight (that’s the Best in Show – dude, this is mega…a two-day event). Or as the scalper who sold me my ticket (hey, it’s New York, they’ll scalp tickets for nearly anything) – “It’s like the SuperBowl for Dogs!”
I couldn’t have said it any better! Go Uno (The Beagle Pictured above...pic for Best in Show)

Ruff Ruff
LisaC

No comments: