Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Duper Tuesday

WOW…lots to catch up on. First, the Giants win in what might be the biggest upset in Super Bowl history (take THAT Mr. Perfect Patriots!) And then today we’re standing on the edge of a historic decision. Man, what a great time to be in America. Compared to this, Canadian politics is as exciting as a re-run of Coronation Street.

I was trying to get the guys here at work to place bets on tonight’s outcome, but we got all confused in the rhetoric – are we basing this on states won or delegates (don’t even ask me what the difference is!) BUT we did find this cool website where you can make your bets online (based on current predictions) RAD! Alas, it’s blocked to US credit cards, and I’m not THAT much of a compulsive gambler that I need to start sending in cheques so I can get in on this “action.”

What else…hmmm, might be some rumblings with Rico’s gig. Will know more later.

Other life news – I found out that Happy is allowed to live in my building (thanks George) so Project Happy Homecoming will commence soon (just gotta find a dog carrier I can shove him under the airplane seat and NOT feel like the worst pet owner ever!)

The folks are off to Hawaii (lucky bastards) I mentioned I could easily grab a flight and join them…funny, I never heard anything back?

And work wise…well…I just do too darn much of it. (le sigh) President’s weekend is coming up and a wee long weekend in ChiTown, so at least got some vacay time to look forward to!

Hope your Tuesday was Super wherever you are! More election news and general babble tomorrow.

Vote on Patriots!
LisaC

P.S. Can't find the right voting outfit for junior? Check out all the crap that Barney's is selling for the wee Republican or Democrat in your household. Too much!

No comments: