Monday, February 25, 2008

The Ying & Yang of ChiTown

Weekend with folks in windy city...awesome. Getting home...NOT awesome! In a nutshell I:

- Missed my outgoing flight (seriously, got there just in time to see the plane pulling back. All that it needed was the dramatic film score. So frustrating! This after I sprinted from the air train, threw my entire body down the security screening belt to eliminate taking my shoes off AND ran through the terminals like a crazy person (How did I miss my flight? Well two letters...NJ. Yep, New Jersey Transit screwed me! The train sat in Penn Station WITH the doors closed, for 45 minutes. Nice!

So that's going out...come back. Just as Fubar'd. You see, if you miss your outgoing flight, your return portion is equally toast. So I had to pay ANOTHER $100 and then the only flight I could get was 9AM on Monday (getting me in around noon - but of course we all know how LaGuardia goes...so I got in closer to 1. Lovely!)

Oh, but I'm missing the best part...I had to buy a whole OTHER ticket to get out Thursday night. You see, there was a massive snowstorm Friday morning (knowledge I was keenly aware of thanks to my Mom's obsession with the Weather Network). So if I was going to the Chi, I had to get oughta Newark TONIGHT!

Thankfully (and probably the only time I'll be grateful for a seat on American Airlines) they had one spot open, so I grabbed it and voila...2 hours late...I was in Chicago.

And what a doll, Rich even waiting patiently at the terminal for me...playing his Nintendo DS (thank God for Brain Age!)

So I've been up since 4AM (because I kept trying stand-by for the 6, 7 and 8am flights...yeah, not a great idea. Dad was right, I should have just stayed in bed and then went to O'Hare for my flight. Hindsight I suppose!

I won't lie, I'm half dead, and still at work (although I think now I've actually done a full day!) so I'll get into the specifics of Chicago awesomeness later.

Sorry...not even proofing this post (yes, don't act so shocked...I do read my stuff over...sometimes!) hehehehe

Sleep well...let's hope my apartment is still there, haven't gone home yet. Fingers crossed there are no prostitutes in my bed!

xo
LisaC

No comments: