Friday, November 9, 2007

Merry Friday

OMG, why do I find these pictures so damn funny? I've made an executive decision (yes, the power. The control. It's all mine to abuse!) Whenever I can't find an appropriate picture for a post, I'm gonna head over to icanhascheezburger.com and find a pic that makes me giggle, like this one....oh my sides. (thanks for the pics "ican"...hope you don't mind?)

Meanwhile back in people land...it's that sweet, wonderful time of year (and week). First, let's get the business out of the way first. Heading home (tonight). Hanging with Rich, Happy and his folks (not necessarily in that order). Yeah! But flying out of JFK (booo). It's funny...this is actually the first time I'll ever be flying OUT of that airport, hmm. I'm guessing the experience will be just as heinous as flying INTO the place. Joy!

Onto the fun stuff. It's that magical time of year and since it's just around the corner, I thought I'd start taking pictures of all the fun "holiday" things that are popping up all around the city. Last night, I was walking through Columbus Circle (if you're unfamiliar with this area, it's just next to Central Park, around 8th Ave & 62nd'ish street). I love, love, LOVE it around there!

So on my promenade back home from the gym, I took a few snaps of the twinkly trees outside the "mall" (or at least the closest thing you get to one in Manhattan) as well as come decorations inside. Ahhhh....
In the next few weeks I'll get shots of Rockafeller Center (the Tree lighting is Nov. 28 - thanks for the heads up Mom!) as well as other spots throughout the city. Got a place in mind, or heard of a pretty holiday display. Drop me a comment and let me know, I'll run by and take a pic to share with everyone.

Have a great weekend ya'll. And before you leave for your fun...I'll give you my Friday Confession. Walking home last night, bundled up in my new red coat (thanks for the hook up Jaime, let me know when that Macy's bill comes in!) I had a moment of bliss, a sense that maybe I can hack it out on this insane island. Life suddenly felt a little more comfortable and a little less spooky. I was the same rush I felt when Mark and I stepped off the plane in January (coming here for work). Who knows, maybe it was the cold, (after all, cold = home) but things are just a bit easier now. I'm definately not a New Yorker (and will never be one) but for today, at least I feel a little less like a visitor.

Enjoy the weekend. Stay warm and talk to ya post 4AM wakeup call on Monday - oi!
Lisa C

No comments: