Wednesday, November 21, 2007

YanksGiving Eve

Man, I thought things would be MENTAL today. And don’t get me wrong…it kind of was. All the peeps (or rather the 8 people who showed UP for work today) were giddy with anticipation. The streets were MOBBED. Plus, every single one of those folks were carrying a GIANT bag. Perhaps someone can help me out with this. There must be some new fashion wave called “Grandma Chic” cause all these sassy looking girls are carrying around these hideous quilted bags. Please turn to exhibit A.On the train, subway, airport, it doesn’t matter. These gals will drag these monstrosities anywhere. I’m still waiting for one of them to pull out their crocheting while in transit. hehehhee

But back today’s task at hand…FLYING! Uugghh, the newspapers, the newscasters EVERYONE has been freaking out all day, so I sharpened my elbows early and prepared for full contact. Thankfully, it wasn’t necessary. The train to Newark was civilized, busy but not stupid. Then the AirTran (a monorail that takes you from the New Jersey transit train platform to the terminals) was again, busy, but not dumb (as a side bar…I love the AirTrain cause I’m convinced they got the guy who played Data on StarTrek did the voice, it’s an uncanny resemblance. See what you think. Just play the first 10 seconds of the below clip over and over again)



Now for the coolest part of my YanksGiving travel plans…flyin’ Bidness Class! Hells ya people. This is the way air travel SHOULD be. Free food, free beer, comfy chairs and all the CNN can you handle. Tasty. Actually, I’m writing this post from United’s lovely lounge, taking full advantage of all the snacks available to me, not to mention the ones I’ve already stuffed into my bag. Geez, better save some room for some Executive Class fare on the plane. I wonder what they can serve up for a 58 minute flight?

Tomorrow Rich and I are off to Montebello for my “not really a surprise” birthday present. We’re having dinner and spending the night in the log cabin inn. I even bought a sassy new dress for the occasion. Yes, our second honeymoon! Looking forward to it, although I hear there’s going to be 20 cm of snow tomorrow…perfect driving weather n’est pas? Uugghhh.

Anyway, will try to write during the holidays (how I’ve adapted!) but might be a bit sketch. So…if you’re celebrating, Happy YanksGiving. If not, happy “almost” weekend.

Take Care
LisaC

P.S. Did get the hair "done" but sorry, don't have my cable for my camera, so will upload a pic next week...for a proper before/after evaluation!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Personally... I like the guy who's ALSO in the AirTran/m ... He looks quite interested in the traffic on the freeway :)

Happy Yanksgiving Lisa!
Jaime M