Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Recap'age

Boy, do we have a lot of catching up to do. Sorry I crapped out yesterday and couldn’t update the blog. It’s a wee bit mental here at the Big O. I’m working on this new campaign for Six Flags. Good times…super fun. But also, TONS o’ work. What can you do, I’m a slave to “the man!” hehehehe

YanksGiving. WOW, best one yet! (and that’s not just because it was the first one either). We did the birthday celebratin’. Had the whole fam’damily around, including Nic, Paul and Calvin…our new newly adopted brother from another mother.The weekend began in the wee hours of Wednesday night. Yep, I got off the plane at 10PM and we were on the road to the O-town by 11. Dog, Rich and everything else locked and loaded into the Civic (go Honda Power!) You see there was this big massive storm a’ brewin’ so we figured we’d get ahead of it and hit the road early. Good plan. Despite getting in at 3:30AM, we beat the madness of 401 hell and the 20cm of snow and freezing rain that covered Southern Ontario. Phew.

Thursday – Rich and I continued our driving holiday with a birthday trip out to Montebello. Ahhh, what a peach. He planned the whole thing. A lovely dinner, great setting and incredibly relaxing evening (complete with a couples massage the next day). Thanks George and Evelyn!
Friday – We headed out to Hudson (again, I think the only day we DIDN’T drive was Saturday…well, unless you count snowmobiling?) We met with our wedding photographer (only 13 months after the event…whatever) to put together an album. FINALLY can check that off the list. Will add some shoots to the site when I get them (in another 12 weeks or so…yes, don’t hold your breath!)

After that the fam organized a surprise dinner for me in Montreal. So sweet. Met everyone at 40 Westt (a wicked steak place on the west island…yeah, who would have thunk it?) Complete with a jazz band and everything. A wonderful evening (topped off by some pretty spectacular gifts). Thanks so much everyone…you made the big 3-0 a memorable one!Saturday – Hung out at the cottage, played Guitar Hero 3 (awesome, thanks Amie) and drove the snowmobile around…also good times!
Sunday – Home day...(well…Toronto home that is). Sad but true, all good things must come to an end.

Monday – flew home (6:45AM this time a wee bit more respectable…but not by much). Then straight to work. Three coffees later, I’m home by 8PM and in bed by 9. Yes, I’m a party girl indeed. Those early mornings really knock the stuffing out of you. But I THINK I’m getting more used to it. Hey…I stayed up a whole extra hour this time!

Tuesday to Today – Just been workin’ like a fool. But it’s great. I love the project we’re doing and keeping my fingers crossed that we get to do more cool stuff. When it goes live you KNOW I’ll be pimpin’ that shiz all over this site (you’ve been warned!)

Hope you’ve all been doing well. Apologies for being a bit scattered in my posts this week. But I know you understand…after all, tomorrow is my birthday and you CAN’T be mad at a birthday girl right?!

OHHH and it’s BTVNE (that’s my new acronym for the Best TV Night Ever) so curl up and pop some corn. Enjoy!
LisaC

2 comments:

Dondy said...

Wow! Fun filled weekend...

Have a least one drink on me on your Bday will yah :)

Happy Birthday Lisa C in NYC.

Anonymous said...

Love the pic of you and Happy on the snowmobile! Sounds like a great weekend.