Thursday, September 6, 2007

We have contact!


WoooHoooo....small victory today, FINALLY my lawyer was able to find a real live PERSON at the other end of the immigration phone line at Pearson. Man, what do those guys DO all day?? Anyway, now at least we have some movement so HOPEFULLY today will be rather productive (and if I could conquer Free Bird on Guitar Hero then we'd REALLY be getting stuff done!)

Your good vibes are OBVIOUSLY working, so don't stop now. Keep on...vibing...or whatever it is that you do. Thanks...I really appreciate it. I still don't think I'll be leaving tomorrow, but at least if stuff is in the works, then I won't complain.

So...since this is suppose to be a blog about NYC. I decided to write about stuff I've already DONE while in the big apple.

Today's post...I saw a taping of David Letterman.



Yeah, totally fun. The studios are just at the end of the block from my apartment (well...two block away, but who's counting). Anne Hathaway (and yes, she IS that gorgeous in person) and some comic guy from "My Boys" were the guests. Good fun. My friend Jeff came with me. AND the most exciting part, we got moved to the FRONT ROW...right on the aisle. I was convinced that we'd be those people that get asked to play "Name your favourite cuts of meat" or something. But alas, it was not that kind of night. BUT Dave was a blast, Paul, very funny and the band surprisingly peppy!

Good times indeed.
More PAST NYC adventures later (and hopefully more news from the land of Limbo...i.e. immigration hell...when I get it!)

Cheers All,
Lisa C

No comments: